Click here for a map that provides an overview of the Greater Indianapolis area and allows you to locate everything from railroads to storm manholes. Under the General Viewer tab, your viewing options include
- Tree Inventory
- Aerial Photography
- Vacant Houses
- Ambulance/Fire Stations
You have even more options when you click on the Layers tab, allowing you to view schools, zip code boundaries, and much more.
Highways that are familiar to Indy residents include:
- I-465, the foundation of Indy's transportation scheme, forms a loop around the perimeter of the city, providing easy access to and from all sides.
- I-70 traverses the city from the east central side to the southwest.
- I-65 extends from the northwest side of the city to the south side.
- I-69 comes in from the northeast side, terminating at I-465.
- I-74, which extends from northwest to southeast,merges with a I-465 for a stretch along the west and south sides of the city.
- State Road 40 extends from slightly southwest to the center of the city, and then heads east out of the city to continue its cross-country stint.