Address: 5466 W. 86th St., Indianapolis 46268
Phone: (317) 337-9000
Rates: $199-$549 per night, plus $30 membership fee with first reservation
Romance is the name of the game at Sybaris, and no detail has been overlooked, from beds set on lighted platforms to strategically placed mirrors. Sybaris operates as a private club, and as such, requires a membership that can be purchased with your first reservation. Four luxury suites are available:
Note: The suites are available for afternoon-only rentals, in addition to overnight stays.
Address: 12696 West 50 South, Columbus, 47201
Phone: (812) 342-7806
Rates: Call for rates.
Here, you rent the entire hand-crafted chalet, set on three wildlife-filled, wooded acres. The chalet features a native stone, two-story waterfall complete with pond, bridge, and a stone fireplace; a six-foot Jacuzzi tub with a waterfall shower, surrounded by native stone; a king-size four-poster bed; a full kitchen; and a TV/VCR/DVD. A truly unique experience.
Address: 7295 N. 1100 E., Colfax, Indiana 46035
Phone: 1-800-864-6717 or (765) 436-2133
Rates: Sun-Thu, $179 per night; Fri & holidays, $199 per night; Sat, $219 per night
Just 35 minutes northwest of Indianapolis, you can escape to a private and luxurious romantic log cabin set on 32 acres of wooded land on Sugar Creek – the perfect hideaway for two. Built in 2002, each cabin features a 15-foot stone fireplace with gas-burning logs; an oversized whirlpool tub and shower; a queen-sized bed; an entertainment system complete with TV, DVD, VCR, and CD player; high-pitched cathedral ceilings; plush carpeting; and a fully stocked kitchen.
Address: 1304 N. Central Ave., Indianapolis 46202
Phone: (317) 639-9550
Rates: $85-$135 per night
Located in the heart of the historic Old Northside of Indianapolis, this upscale, turn-of-the-century home features Colonial Revival architecture. It’s decorated with a combination of Mission-style and Victorian-era antiques. Four guest rooms plus four lofts are available. Lofts include additional amenities such as small kitchens, dining areas, lounges, and private bathrooms.
- Lily Room: Features a queen-size sleigh bed, a two-person Jacuzzi and shower, and a large bay window overlooking a lily pond.
- Blue Room: Features an antique, six-foot-high headboard, a full-size bed, a fireplace, and a steam shower.
- Craftsman Room: Features a queen-size bed, Mission-style antiques, Arts & Crafts stenciling, a bay window seat, and a shared bath.
- Victorian Room: Features a king-size bed or two twin beds, lace curtains, a decorative fireplace, and a shared bath.
- The NE Loft: Features European style décor and a queen-size bed, couch, and TV.
- The SE Loft: Features a queen-size bed and a two-person Jacuzzi.
- The NW Loft: Decorated in rustic style, with a queen-size bed and a Jacuzzi tub.
- The SW Loft: Includes a small kitchen and a twin bed.
Guest services include complimentary snacks and beverages, on-call massage therapists, and wine gift baskets and floral arrangements on request
Address: 6794 N CR 600 W, McCordsville 46055
Phone: (888) 743-9819
Located 4 ½ miles north of I-70 on Mount Comfort Road, the inn is one of the few round barns built in Indiana that’s still standing. Built in 1916, it’s furnished with a huge assortment of unique collectibles and hard-to-find antiques. A pool table and game table are available to guests, as well as a library, reading loft with TV and DVD player, and a huge stone fireplace. Four guest rooms are available:
- The Hayloft Suite: Features a bedroom with a king-size sleigh bed and a hot tub; plus a living area with a loveseat, queen sleeper, futon, electric fireplace, and TV/VCR; and a kitchen with a table and chairs, microwave, small fridge, and double sink.
- The Farmer’s Suite: Includes a king-size bed, queen sleeper, TV/VCR, table and chairs, a small refrigerator, and a large private bath featuring a tub with hand-held shower and double sinks.
- The Milk Maid’s Room: Features a queen-size bed, TV, and chair, plus access to a reading loft with TV/DVD player, a small refrigerator, and a couch.
- The Hired Hands’ Room: A rustic bedroom with 2 full-size beds, a TV, and chair, plus access to a reading loft with TV/DVD player, a small refrigerator, and a couch.
A hearty country breakfast is served each morning in the dining room.