What better way to rekindle a romance than with a weekend getaway? You don’t have to venture far from home – a host of accommodation options are available right here in the Indianapolis area. Whether your perfect getaway is a log cabin in the woods, a home (or chalet) you can have completely to yourselves, a pool suite that creates the most intimate of environments, or the charm of an old-fashioned bed and breakfast, you’ll find it here.
Note: Availability of specific accommodations may vary, and rates are subject to change. Call or email the accommodations of your choice for the most up-to-date information.
Address: 1340 N. Alabama St., Indianapolis 46202
Phone: (317) 635-9123, toll-free (800) 635-9127
Rates: $135-$215 per night
Located in the historic Old Northside district of Indianapolis, this B&B is on the National Historic Registry. All rooms offer private baths with Jacuzzi bathtubs, cable TV, VCRs and free movies, phones, and free off-street parking. Six uniquely-themed rooms are available:
- Tiffany Room: Features a stained glass window, a double Jacuzzi tub, a king-size bed, a separate shower, and a fireplace.
- Hollywood Room: Features a bed on a stage behind a lace curtain, a whirlpool tub, a decoupage of genuine World War I sheet music and memorabilia, star lights around a dressing table, and a library of books on theatre, Hollywood, and the arts.
- Literary Room: Decorated to reflect literary greats at the turn of the 20th century, the room features an antique slate fireplace and a large Jacuzzi tub.
- De Wenter Room: Features a brick wall, a queen-size bed, a single Jacuzzi tub, a fireplace, and 100-year-old photos of the home and its original occupants.
- Library/Wedding Suite: Features hand-faux-painted walls, genuine antiques, a library of books, a working gas fireplace, a separate bedroom with a queen-size bed, and a large bathroom with two gold sinks, a glass shower, and a double Jacuzzi tub.
A complete breakfast is served in the formal dining room each morning, and guests are welcome to help themselves to complimentary drinks and snacks anytime.
Address: 1441 N. Delaware St., Indianapolis 46202
Phone: (317) 636-7673
Rates: $175-$250 per night
The Yellow Rose Inn is housed in an 8,000-square-foot Victorian mansion featuring fireplaces of carved walnut and marble, museum-quality chandeliers, a hand-painted mural surrounding a marble wall fountain, and beveled and stained glass. All suites enjoy full access to the 1,200-foot roof deck overlooking the downtown skyline. A 6-person hot tub is a wonderful place to look out over the city day or night. The inn has four suites:
- The Wedgewood Suite: Features a large bedroom with a gas log fireplace and a king-size bed, a sitting room, and a 23-x-13-foot bathroom with a 2-person spa tub, a solid marble shower, and a stained glass window.
- The Oak Room: Features a large bedroom with a king-size bed and a white oak ceiling canopy opposite an oak fireplace with working gas log, a modern shower, and a massive antique porcelain tub big enough for two.
- The Emerald Suite: Features a bedroom with king-size bed, a sitting room with a queen-size sofa bed, and an antique two-person tub.
- The Ballroom: Features a king-size bed on a raised sleeping platform, a full bath with a two-person jetted hot tub, an antique pool table, a full kitchen, a mirrored wall with a brass ballet bar, and a second bedroom with a queen-size bed.
Breakfast is available anytime after 7 a.m., and beverages and snacks are available round the clock. Gift baskets, various packages, and massages are also available.
Address: 2164 N. Capitol Ave., Indianapolis 46202
Phone: (317) 923-2622
Rates: $75-$180 per night
Stay in Indianapolis and feel like you’ve jetted to another country in one of All Nations’ internationally-themed rooms:
- New Zealand room: Features a full-length sheepskin on the floor, a New Zealand flag on the wall, a queen-size bed, a full-size sofa bed, and a private bath en-suite.
- Zimbabwe room: Features a queen-size bed draped in mosquito netting, wild-animal-printed chairs, a safari entertainment center/dresser, and a private bath across the hall.
- China room: Features a small terracotta soldier, Chinese tea, a silk comforter, a full-size Chinese-painted bed, a twin-size sofa bed, and a private bath adjacent to the room.
- Ireland room: Features a full-size bed with an antique frame, a framed 1800s Limerick map, a washstand, an Irish prayer wall hanging, and a private bath down the hall.
A continental breakfast of fresh breads, fruit, and cereal is served Monday through Friday, and a deluxe continental breakfast is served on Saturdays.