Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves: 4
- For Dip:
- ½ C low-fat Daisy Sour Cream
- ½ C Dijon Mustard
- For Rolls:
- 1 Hebrew National Hot Dog
- ½ slice Castlewood Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 slice Prosciutto
- 2 triangle slices of Pepperidge Farm Crescent Rolls
- 1 ½ T Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- ½ C crumbled Pretzels
• Butterfly the sausage lengthwise without fully cutting it in half.
• Julienne the pepper jack cheese and place in the middle of the sausage dog. Wrap the stuffed sausage dog tightly with the prosciutto. This will hold the cheese in the middle and the keep dog tightly closed.
• Take two triangle dough pieces and overlap slightly to form a rectangle. Press the seam together to hold in place and roll out slightly with a rolling pin.
• Cut the dough in half to make two equal squares then place slightly overlapping to make a rectangle the length of the sausage. Slightly roll out the dough and brush with 2/3 the Dijon mustard.
• Place the sausage at the bottom of the dough and roll the dough completely around it. Let rest a couple of minutes and then generously brush the outside with remaining mustard and roll in pretzel crumbs.
• Cut into 1 ½ pieces, place on lightly greased baking sheet and cook in preheated oven. Bake 12-15 minutes until dough and pretzel crust are lightly brown and dough is fully cooked.
Serve with Daisy Sour Cream Mustard Sauce.
Recipe created by Executive Chef Michael Vlasich on behalf of Saa's Club and reprinted with permission.