The Indianapolis Art Museum (IMA) and Lilly House are open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. The Oldsfield estate grounds and gardens are open daily from dawn to dusk.
The IMA is located at 4000 Michigan Road. For more information, call the museum's 24-hour info line at (317) 920-2660 or the switchboard at (317) 923-1331 during business hours.
General admission to the museum, grounds, and Lilly House is free. An admission fee may be charged for select exhibits.
The IMA features 11 galleries with distinct collections:
- African Art
- American Art
- Asian Art
- Contemporary Art
- Decorative Arts
- Design Arts
- European Art
- Native Art of the Americas
- Prints, Drawings, and Photographs
- South Pacific Art
- Textiles and Fashion
The museum proudly displays a host of featured exhibitions which are on display for a limited time:
- Cirrus Editions/Crown Point Press through March 15
- Preserving a Legacy: Wishard Hospital Murals through March 29
- Shared Beauty: Eastern Rugs and Western Purses through April 5
- Mark Lewis: Rear Projection: Molly Parker through April 5
- Collected Thoughts: Works from the Dorothy and Herbert Vogel Collection through April 12
- Fine Prints for Five Dollars through April 19
- Gifts of the Gamboliers through June 7
- Orly Genger: Whole through June 14
- The Viewing Project through 2011
IMA Design Center:
The Design Center is a retail store at the IMA, with its showroom offering furniture, lighting, gift items, and home accessories of exceptional design. A variety of museum-inspired items, including the LOVE Collection and merchandise representative of the museum's exhibit "European Design - Shaping the New Century," can be purchased through the museum's online gift shop.
Puck's Fine Dining at the IMA:
Puck's is modern and elegant, furnished with large upholstered chairs, formal dining tables, cozy booths, high ceilings and dramatic views. The menu, developed by Wolfgang Puck, features Wiener schnitzel and roasted pork chops, Puck's trademark gourmet pizzas, salads, desserts, a wine list, and specialty coffees and tea. Reservations are recommended, and can be made online or by calling (317) 955-2315. Lunch is the only meal served. Lunch hours are Tue-Sat, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sunday brunch, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.